CHAMELI HEGDE MEMORIAL TOSKAR YUVA PURASKAR AWARD 2018
Applications/Nominations for Chameli Hegde Memorial Yuva Puraskar Award are invited by the TOSKAR for the year 2018. This award is constituted by Dr. Sadananda Hegde, President of TOSKAR in memory of his wife Late Chameli Hegde who loved Orchids and a great teacher specially worked for the cause of of education of tribals of Arunchal Pradesh. Besides, she was a small story writer both in Kannada & Hindi with three books to her credit.This award is constituted to promote and motivate younger generation to take up research and honour those who have contributed greatly to orchid research in Karnataka every year. The award for the year 2018 will be presented to selected individuals at the Annual General Body Meeting of TOSKAR.
Eligibility criteria for Applicants / Nominated individuals:
- Individuals in the Age group 18 -45 years can apply.
- Immense Contribution to research in the following area of Orchids.
- Biodiversity and conservation studies of orchids in Karnataka
- Macro and micropropagation studies and other Biotechnogy research
- Innovative cultivation practices in orchid industry
- Development of new registered Hybrids- Intraspecific, Interspecific, Intergeneric or
interHybrids of Karnataka
- Development of low cost innovative green houses
- Promoting orchid industry and large scale job creation for common man
Details of documents to be furnished:
- Age proof – any document granted by the Government Authority
- Research publications either Individual/group research(only first author is considered
in peer reviewed journals
- Photographs / video documentaries of research if any
- Electronic media/news print publications if any
- Photocopies of certificates/photographs of awards presented earlier if any
- Photocopies of Certification of registered hybrids
- Residential address, Contact numbers and email id
Last date for submission: 10th December 2018
Email to be sent to : sadanandnhegde [at] gmail.com
cc should be sent to : drdivakarkm [at] gmail.com